Electric strike with Preload technology and tamper protection
Electric strike STEP 40 Preload has received upgraded performance at several points. The optimization of the product series provides the following performance.
- 250kg Preload technology for a reliable function.
- 1200kg breaking strength
- Improved weather protection
- Factory tested to 1,500,000 cycles
- Protection against tampering
STEP 40 Preload is Scandinavia’s most popular electric strike
The well-known STEP quality in combination with patented Preload technology provides a high level of operational reliability and sets the highest standard for day locking.
Operational reliability that works in real life
The Preload series combines minimal dimensions with very high performance for doors with normal security requirements. The electric strike is highly reliable and tested for high opening frequency.
STEP 40 Preload is available in a adjustable configuration so that the electric strike function can be easily selected and changed during installation. This creates greater flexibility and lower handling costs.
The Preload series now has optimized performance with HPR® technology
Electric strikes in the Preload series have since the launch in 2012 become the obvious choice and thus Sweden’s most popular Electric strike. With experience from hundreds of thousands of products sold, StepLock has now taken the product series another big step forward with the new Preload HPR®. With its fine material selection and these optimizations, STEP 40 Preload has a performance in its own class.
Electric strikes is the product in electric locking that is used most due to its excellent properties in doors that are used frequently. In addition, all wiring can often be placed in a frame for easier installation.
An Electric strike together with a mechanical lock is scalable so that you choose different combinations of Electric strikes and mechanical locks to fulfill the functions and conditions of the door. The right mechanical lock and the right Electric strike can fulfill everything from the simplest function to the most advanced requirements on the door, where the Electric strike, the door lock and the door are made for exactly what it is supposed to handle. The right function with the highest operational reliability without paying for something you do not need.
STEP’s patented Preload technology
A common problem is that a door is subjected to pressure, for example, because the door is a little skew or that gravel or snow has gathered at the doorstep. STEP 40 Preload is equipped with STEP’s patented Preload technology that allows the door to be unlocked even if subjected to pressures of up to 250 kg.
- Seals and pressure differences – The Preload function enables the door to always be unlocked even when the door lock is tensioned against the electric strike.
- Door automation – The Preload function combined with rapid unlocking means that the door opens quickly and without risk of becoming stuck.
- Evacuation door – The Preload function ensures that a fire alarm can release the lock, despite pressure against the door by crowds, seals, pressure differences or warped doors.
- Manipulation protection – The Preload function Resists influences in the form of manipulation and external violence.
Aesthetic mount and easy installation
With its small dimensions, the electric strike fits with little adjustment into the recess for the door’s standard strike plate.
Wide range of faceplates in stainless steel
STEP 40 Preload has the same faceplate assortment as STEP 90 Preload, STEP 48 Preload, STEP 98 Preload and STEP 90 Release.
Find the right faceplate for this product